Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To Be An Overseas Student Is Going To Be More Expensive



The Uni Lodge of ANU has expansded as the on-campus
accommodation has been more prefered since the rent it
Canerra has increadibley increased
I have been studying in Australia for a while. Accommodation has always been an important issue for every overseas student. I had evidenced that Canberra's rent has raised 30% percent before I went to Sydney; and everyone ( except the landlords) complained the greater pressure of paying the rent.

Since the demand is biggest reason for the rising of price, I believe that the change of the average rent is linked with amount of overseas students. I am wondering what is the mainstream opinion about the tightened immigration policy ( because of this, the international education market has been threatened) . I carefully read this news article.

The first part was drawing the big picture . The rent increase has stopped currently. And to rise again is possible only if economic conditions is good.

If I am a investor, I could not be inspired because I cannot find any clue to see what would the main trend be. In addiction, I would be disappointed because before reading this, I expected to be educated about in what ways I can analysis the whole market. It would be better to add the prediction about the economic enviroment ( and the recovery from GFC , immigration policy change, the income level, employment, price of the house...etc)

I am also very disappointed that this article didn't have any analysis, except simply offering some figures. There was no pictures to support the information and there was no links to any information which interested me in the same page.

In addition, the order in the second part could be reorganized. ---first, the data show there are the renter would accept the rent increase; second, tendency union people said , cant squeeze much more out of the renters; third, the quality of the market need to be improved; fourth, the uncertainty of the market become the attractive goal of home ownership. -- that's the multi faced reply from the current trend of rent increase. however,i can't see any logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment